Coaching Skills Foundation
In today’s business world, leaders and people managers are challenged to move away from directing the who, what and how of work towards coaching teams to own the work and its delivery. But what exactly does it mean to “coach” at work?
“Coaching is unlocking people’s potential to maximize their own performance. It is more often helping them to learn rather than teaching them.”
~John Whitmore, founder, GROW coaching model
Learn and practice the fundamentals of coaching direct reports and teams with a simple coaching model and tools. The result – teams and their members become more self-sufficient, resolve problems faster, and increase ownership of their work.
In this interactive session, you’ll learn:
- The “why” and “what” behind the emergence of “coaching skills” as a hot leadership topic today
- The hierarchy of powerful questions that can turn any conversation into a coaching conversation
- A simple coaching model that makes it easy to default to asking questions, rather than telling or directing
- How to facilitate a coaching conversation so that objectives are clear, action plans are viable, and the “coachee” is accountable for what happens next
- Resources to continue building your coaching skills beyond this workshop
What You’ll Need:
- Two-hours to focus & fully participate in the workshop
- The usual tech – computer, headset and internet access so that we can see and hear you
- Workshop worksheet (to be emailed to you after registration)
- Your questions & ideas on the subject
This workshop is taught online via Zoom with a live facilitator.