High Performing Virtual Teams
High performing teams are rarely an “overnight success.” It takes time for a working group to develop into a cohesive team where the collective genius produces extraordinary business outcomes. And what happens when such a team shifts from in-person work to distributed, virtual work?
“The old rules of what makes a great team still apply, whether you’re a remote team or not. You can’t build a culture if you don’t have trust, accountability, and mutual respect.”
~Tracey Halvorsen, Fastspot
Thriving on a high-performing virtual team requires more than a decent internet connection and Slack. Explore the human-side of high-performing virtual teams. How do you make the translation to the virtual world? What stays the same? What’s different? How can you, as a leader, inspire teams to excel in the virtual world?
In this interactive session, you’ll learn:
- The essential characteristics of high-performing virtual teams so that that you can determine how your team is doing now.
- Normal team development stages, how they are affected by virtual work, and what you can do as a leader to facilitate your virtual team’s progression through the stages.
- Methods to Increase trust and psychological safety on virtual teams and with management
- New tools and techniques to support the ongoing growth of virtual team performance.
- Techniques for you, as a leader, to foster a vibrant virtual team culture through communication and connection.
What You’ll Need:
- Two-hours to focus & fully participate in the workshop
- The usual tech – computer, headset and internet access so that we can see and hear you
- Workshop worksheet (to be emailed to you after registration)
- Your questions & ideas on the subject
This workshop is taught online via Zoom with a live facilitator.